Thursday, January 19, 2017

Visceral Response


This is a picture of  the downtown San Diego skyline that I found on Google. I was drawn to this picture because I love sunsets for their stunning colors that change within minutes. This sunset has different hues of blue, purple, pink, and orange which reflect stunningly on the water.

My eye is drawn to the skyline because it lies horizontally which brings a sense of peace and relaxation. Also because there is negative space above and below it. I can see that the sun is setting on the west because of the light's gradient effect from left to right in the sky which also creates contrast and shadows on every building. Another thing that I like about this picture is that some buildings are symmetrical within the skyline but overall it is asymmetrically stronger to the left because of the two tall buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment